Mia Simone Rush. I am an energetic, ambitious, adaptive creative based in Chicago, Illinois ready to pursue opportunities within Journalism and Media Related fields.
Drake University, Des Moines, Iowa
August 2013- May 2017
BA JMC, Magazine Journalism
Entrepreneurship, Leadership Education & Development
Auckland University of Technology, Auckland, New Zealand
March- June 2015
Certificate Course in Maori Development
Beverly Arts Center, Chicago, Illinois
May 2016-August 2016
Communications and Outreach Intern
- Distributed programming information to potential school partners.
- Managed records and files.
- Assisted with contracting processes along with internal communications.
- Fostered community and customer relations.
Adult Literacy Center, Des Moines, Iowa
January 2016-August 2016
- Conducted interviews and wrote profiles based on Adult Learners within the center.
- Managed blog account InsidetheALC.wordpress.com
Shut Out Human Trafficking Week| NCAS and UNICEF USA
September 2015-November 2015
- Fulfilled the role as creative team leader, organizing campus wide events, whether passive or interactive.
- Created all marketing materials (flyers, posters, Facebook promo).
- Created supplemental materials (t-shirt design).
Des Moines Music Coalition, Des Moines, Iowa
- Wrote a Q & A segment in preparation for the Des Moines Music Coalition’s Annual event Music University.
- Met tight deadlines where I copy edited work prior to submission.
To learn more, download my full resume here.